Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is a Canadian and American wrestler, actor and producer. Throughout his career, he has played several major roles in top rated Hollywood movies. Recently in the 2014 film Hercules, he played the role of Zeus. In order to fit the character and his physique, he has taken his entire training into a whole new level. This will definitely go down the ages as to how one can build a physique as to that of a demigod.
The Hercules portrayed by The Rock is definitely the meanest, biggest and strongest version of Hercules one has ever encountered.
For the lion’s share of Hollywood’s top rated action stars, the assignment of practically depicting the Greek demigod will definitely be more difficult than joining every one of the twelve works the legendary child of Zeus needed to attempt. Numerous individuals from all round the globe have attempted previously, and all of them have failed. For even a world class professional wrestler like Dwayne Johnson, with nearly 260 pounds of tight muscles officially sticking to his enormous 6’5 inch frame, would demonstrate no mean accomplishment.
Dwayne Johnson certainly had all the tools he needed. He was a wrestler by profession and had spent the greater part of his life at the gym. Initially he used to spend time at the gym in order to be a professional football player, then a wrestler who would be famous all-round the globe and finally a Hollywood’s highest paid movie star. Johnson has stated on several occasions that nutrition is the key to getting big.
Being an athlete and a first class actor like Johnson and having a shape that is worshiped by millions, one would tend to believe that this role was a simple one and someone of Dwayne’s caliber and physique could easily rest on his laurels. Well, that’s not the case with Dwayne Johnson. This is the sole reason why he was the highest grossing Hollywood actor for the year 2013. In 2013, Dwayne Johnson’s 4 movies pulled in about 1.3 billion dollars at the box office. He believes that one can only get what he or she is willing to put in and that is exactly what happens with him. He always makes sure that he is at his peak when he steps into a set, at least physically. He had maintained a 22 week diet for Hercules and a 14 week diet for G.I.Joe. Retaliation. Well, here is a brief discussion of his 6 days workout plan.
6 day workout plan:
According to the plan he followed, he woke up at 4 am on a regular basis and did cargo and lifts before going for the shoot. After he is done shooting, he gets back to the gym. This workout sheet somewhat looked like:
- Chest Muscles, biceps, calves and back muscles: 5 sets with 15 to 20 reps and a resting period of 30 seconds.
- Cardio: His cardio includes 5 minute warm-up, 12 minutes of high intensity and 5 minutes for cool down.
Dwayne focused the first day of his week on shoulder muscles. His first days plan included the following:
- The Dumbbell Lateral Raise Super set with a front Dumbbell raise 3 sets and 8 reps each.
- The seated Military Press machine – 3 sets x 21 reps.
- Rear Delt Cable Raise: 5 sets with 12, 10, 8 , 6, 4 reps.
- The Hammer Strength Shrug- 5 sets with 12, 10, 8, 6 ,4 reps.
- A four way neck machine: 4 sets with 12 reps.
This day is focused on the back muscles. His plan included the following exercises:
- The Wide Grip Lat Pull Down- 5 sets with 12,10,8,6,4 reps.
- The Close Grip Lat pull down: 5 sets with 12.10,8,6,4 reps.
- The Back extension: 4 sets with 15, 15, 12, ,12 reps.
- One Arm Seated Row Machine with 4 sets with 12 reps.
The third day in any plan is generally used to carry out various leg oriented exercises. Day 3 consisted of the following exercises:
- The Leg Press: 4 sets with 25,20,18,16 reps.
- The Smith Machine Lunge: 4 sets with 8 reps per kg.
- The Lying Leg Curl: 4 sets with 12, 10, 8, 6 reps.
- The Standing Calf Raise: 6 sets with 16 reps.
The 4th day was reserved for the arms that is biceps and triceps. Day 4 consisted of the exercises listed below:
- The Preacher Machine Curl: 6 sets with 6, 8, 10, 12, 21 reps.
- The Overhead Cable extension: 4 sets with 8, 10, 12, 20 reps.
- The Cable Triceps Extension: 5 sets with 6, 8, 10, 12, 20 reps.
- The Alternating Dumbbell Curl: 5 sets with 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 reps.
- The one Arm Reverse Grip Triceps Extension: 2 sets with 15 reps.
The 5th day had been reserved for chest oriented exercises. The following exercises were a part of day 5:
- The Incline Dumbbell Press: 5 sets with 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 reps.
- The Dumbbell Bench Press: 5 sets with 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 reps.
- Pushups- 4 sets with 15 reps.
Day 6 wasn’t focused around any particular section of the body. The following exercises constituted day 6:
- Pushups- 8 sets with 12 reps.
- The Overhead Cable extension: 3 sets with 8, 10 reps.
- The Lying Leg Curl: 3 sets with 10, 12 reps.
- 1: 2 eggs, oatmeal: 2 cups and 10 oz. cod.
- 2: A cup of veggies, 8 oz. cod and 12 oz. sweet potatoes.
- 3: 8 oz. chicken, a cup of veggies and white rice: 2 cups.
- 4: 2 cups of rice, 8 oz. cod, 1 cup of veggies and one table spoon of fish oil.
- 5: 12 oz. baked potatoes, spinach salad and 8 oz. steak.
- 6: 2 cups of rice, salad and 10 oz. cod.